Next week, along with Lindsay Dahl, Deputy Director of Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families (SCHF), I will be hosting a Florida small business forum at UCF Pegasus Health with Florida business owners and leaders from all over the state.
Florida business leaders in industries ranging from manufacturers in personal care products and green cleaning to organic growers and the hotel and construction industries, and everything in between, are coming together to share their experiences in industry in dealing with chemicals and to learn more about how the Safe Chemicals Act benefits business.
These folks are taking time out of their busy lives, and in some cases, driving over 4 hours to attend the forum and make their collective voices heard. Attendees are coming from Tampa, Ocala, Plantation, Clermont, Boca Raton, Maitland, Bradenton, Melbourne and Orlando to take part, learn more and voice their support.
I wanted to take a moment to highlight the men and women who will be joining us and introduce them to you.
- Curt Valva, CEO of Aubrey Organics
- Ed and Melissa Faraone Co-Founders Global Waste Solutions, LLC
- Mark Gray, Director of Sales for Global Waste Solutions, LLC
- Ed Johnson, International Trade and Global Green Initiatives CEO Bambootility Media, LLC
- Shanti Pierce, CEO Bamboo Leaf Tea
- Linda Molica, President at Cygnet House Inc. and Chair of the Legacy Project at USGBC Central FL Chapter Brevard Branch Steering Committee
- Kevin Fritz, President, Fritz Communications, LLC
- Maria E Martinez, CEO and Founder of Naturally Green Products, LLC
- Leah Nash, Chief Innovator at Trusted Source Consulting Representing OurWholeCommunity.org and Femfessionals Orlando
- Brian Donnelly, Partner at Sun State Organics, LLC
- Mark Olson, Partner at Sun State Organics, LLC
- Linda Smelser, Director of Clinical Operations UCF Pegasus Health
- John Rehill Environmental Reporter for The Bradenton Times
- Tammie Lange, Co-Founder of Healthy Bites Fitness Cuisine
- Cara Capp, Florida Program Coordinator, Clean Water Action/Clean Water Fund
- Amy Agricola, CEO Agricola Enterprises
- Nancy Olmezer CHHC, Holistic Health & Beauty Specialist/Owner of Forever Young & Fabulous. Independent Consultant for Apriori Beauty
- Jacqui Agostinelli, Owner, You Make It Happen, Inc. Independent Consultant for Apriori Beauty
- Hannah Helsabeck, President of Essential Safe Products
- Jeff Benavides, LEED AP O+M Sustainability Project Manager & Consultant at ecoPreserve and Founder, Green Destination Orlando
- Jessica Wright, Project Manager, ecoPreserve
- Ginger Simpson, Chief Operating Officer, amaZulu
- Stephanie Thomas-Rees, Research Architect in the Buildings Research Division at the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC), board member of the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC)
I have had more interest than I had room at the table! Thank you to all who are attending!
Connect with Shane on Google+
The Green PolkaDot Box! Backed by the Organic Consumer's Association and EnvironmentalBooty.com, you can easily buy NonGMO organic groceries, including Harvest Fresh Organic produce, at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic and it all comes right to your front door. Enjoy!